States and even cities have various laws in regards to stun guns. Since we do sell stun guns here at ConAware, I thought it would be wise to share these laws with you. So in order, I will explain the various laws as I find them. Do keep in mind that these laws can be changed at any time. So be sure and check the laws of your State and even city before carrying a stun gun on you.
States That Ban Stun Guns
- District of Columbia
- Rhode Island
- New York
- and New Jersey
Some cities also carry restrictions… Baltimore has now allowed possession of stun guns.
Illinois and Michigan require that you have a license to possess a stun gun.
Before you buy, please check the laws of the State and city you reside in
While I do want to sell, I also do not want to have you in a precarious position with your laws.
Pepper spray IS allowed in all States, but some areas do have regulations on how and where you can carry it.
I am not a lawyer, but if you have any questions regarding these issues, feel free to ask and I will find an answer.
If your area does have restrictions, you should write your congress people and ask them to change those laws. After all, we should be able to protect ourselves.
Just look at the crime stats and see why we should have that ability:
- The estimated number of murders in the nation was 15,696.
- During the year, there were an estimated 90,185 rapes. (This figure currently reflects UCR’s legacy definition. Learn more about the revised rape definition.)
- There were an estimated 327,374 robberies nationwide, which accounted for an estimated $390 million in losses (average dollar value of stolen property per reported robbery was $1,190).
- Firearms were used in 71.5 percent of the nation’s murders, 40.8 percent of robberies, and 24.2 percent of aggravated assaults.
- Property crimes resulted in losses estimated at $14.3 billion. The total value of reported stolen property (i.e., currency, jewelry, motor vehicles, electronics, firearms) was $12,420,364,454.
So it just makes good sense to carry some measure of protection with you wherever you go.
If you have any questions or feedback, please post them below.
Also, you can purchase the stun guns shown below at our store here if you live in a State that allows them.